The beautiful, funny and talented Brea of Brea’s Befuddled Brain has chosen to honor little ol’ me with my very first BLOGGY AWARD!
Whoa now, let’s keep it appropriate.
…OK, you can cat call. But no butt-slaps, OK?
Really, now, while I am, of course, deserving of all kinds of awards (*cough*) I must admit that “happiness” is not the reason I would imagine getting one. Especially given Brea’s description:
Her posts make me happy in a smiley-fluffy kinda way.
*cocks head* I do not think I have had anything related to me described as smiley-fluffy before…guess this here blog is good for the ol’ emotion-factory!
This award does, of course, come with some rules I am more than happy to follow:
- Thank the person that awarded you in a new post.
- Put the award on your sidebar.
- Name 10 things that make you happy.
- Pass this award to other bloggers who make you happy.
So moving right along then.
1. Thank the person that awarded you in a new post.
Check! Oh wait…*scans writing*..guess not technically. Thank you, Brea! It made my morning extra happy to not only get to read a new post by you, but to receive this prestigious honor from your esteemed (virtual) hands.
2. Put this award in your sidebar.
Check…um…as soon as I figure out how to do that…I’m sure there’s a way..I’ll get it…I’m an engineer after all!
3. Name 10 things that make you happy.
- My sweet hubby
- My adorable puppy
- My bestest buds Erica and Margi
- My mommy, who’s always there for me
- BOOKS! (I will admit I have an addiction. I recognize that admitting that you have a problem is only the first step to beating it. I am perfectly comfortable at step one thankyouverymuch!)
- Dog training/Dog parks/Playing with dogs/Virtually anything related to dogs
- Leaving my job
- My blog and all the bloggy friends I’ve found…and blog comments. Definitely comments.
- An entire day with nothing to do and no reason to get out of my pajamas
4. Pass this award to other bloggers who make you happy.
*rubs hands in glee* Here’s five lovely ladies whose blogs are the cause of regular happiness!
First up: Mommy Drinks Because You Cry I mean come on, how can you not giggle at a name like that? She makes me happy by illustrating how you can be an awesome mom and have a lot of fun all at the same time! If you hear me giggling, there’s a good chance I’m at her blog
Next: The blog of one of my bestest buds, mentioned above. Her blog makes me happy because even though we now live in different states instead of just different rooms, I can still hear a bit about how her life is going and get my needed does of her unique humor through it. She makes me happy because even though we haven’t seen each other in months, we can still drop in and spend a weekend together, or pick up the phone and talk for hours, with no awkwardness.
And don’t forget: The Accidental Mommy Again, how can you NOT like that name? I love her views on parenting (did you know that you can not cook from scratch every night and still be a good mom??) and the girl is funny!!! She makes me happy by making me laugh until I cry..and cry and cry and can.not.stop.laughing (Here’s the worst offender on that score).
Moving on to: Watching the Waters Here’s another lady who can make you laugh until you cry, but doesn’t ignore the serious bits of life. She makes me happy by being so real, being so confident, and being so darn inspiring!
Fifth and finally: The Mrs. One of the few married without children blogs I read, hers is just fun. And she has two adorable dogs. And clearly loves them. It doesn’t take much more than that to make me happy!!
Well there you go, I hope you have enjoyed my outpouring of happiness. Now go check out those awesome blogs, stat!