In my whole two months blogging now, I have MUCH wisdom to offer. And thanks to Mama Kat‘s prompting, I shall generously share with all of you. No, no need to thank me…please, you can stop applauding now, the adoration in your eyes is thanks enough…
Um..where was I?
Without further ado:
10 things blogging has taught me
- A nice comment really, really can make your day.
- It is possible to keep one eye on your number of hits and still write for yourself.
- It really is therapeutic to get stuff out!
- Blog memes (which I had never even heard of before starting) can be super fun.
- Said memes will all occur on the same day (i.e. I only have memes I do Tuesday and Friday..but there are a LOT of them. This one is looser, somehow I don’t quite count it as a meme…).
- Facebook is nice, but blogging lets you feel more connected to best buds who refuse to move closer to you live far away.
- When one of your favorite bloggers comments back on one of your posts, that is more exciting than meeting a celebrity!
- People who follow you in a reader and don’t click through can wreck havoc on your confidence! (Yes, I do this, too)
- Saying things to an invisible crowd of people in your computer can make it easier to then say them to real-life people. After all, you’ve already gotten it out once.
- There are actually people out there who like hearing all my dog-talk. This is a nice change from the glazed-over eyes I’m most often met with in real life.
So there you have it! The first 10 things that came to my head that I learned from blogging!
I find it kind of funny that this was a prompt, since I was just writing about why I blog. I guess I was prepping for Writer’s Workshop without even knowing it!
So head on over to Mama Kat’s, and play along! There are 5 topics to pick from. And as an added bonus, you can see an adorable video of her singing with her kids and..wait for it…a labradoodle!, in an impromptu bathroom concert :-)