It’s not summer yet, but yesterday we got some actual sun! It was gorgeous! And while meeting with a client in their yard, I was warm. Aaaaaaaaaah.
So with that warmth, I decided to bring out my summery pasta salad for dinner.
I was so excited for it I forgot to take pictures, like I did with my delicious enchiladas, but luckily, given my laziness, this is a simple recipe.
- (1) 14-16 oz package of whole wheat corkscrew pasta
- ~1/2 pound of salami (cut in 2 or 3 thick slices)
- ~1/2 pound of pepperoni (cut in 2 or 3 thick slices)
- ~1/2 an onion
- (1 or 2) 14 oz package(s) of blue cheese crumbles
- caesar dressing (to taste)
1) Cook pasta to desired level of doneness and drain.
2) Chop onion into small pieces. Chop salami and pepperoni into small-ish (~1/4″) cubes.
3) Mix pasta, salami, pepperoni, onion, and blue cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add caesar dressing and mix until entire salad is coated.
4) There is no 4. That’s it. Enjoy!
This is such a cool, refreshing salad. If you’re not a big onion fan, the saleslady today suggested adding grapes instead, which I think also sounds quite good! If you try it, let me know what you think.
And hey, it may not be the healthiest of meals, but it’s better than lots!